My website address is: https://mothergrimmpatterns.co.uk.
What do YOU do?
I am a sewing pattern designer and supplier of these patterns in a digital download pdf format.
What information IS COLLECTED?
Your privacy is important. For this reason, I will only collect and use such Personal Data that might be required in order for my services to be provided to you successfully.
Your Personal Data includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address. You can choose to provide these when you; either create an account or buy any of my products; subscribe to my newslette; contact me for help, or take part in contests or surveys.
I need to collect this information to provide you with my products and services. It also helps me deliver relevant update e-mails.
The legal basis for the collection of this data is ‘Legitimate Interest’ as per Recital 47 of Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as such, it is reasonable for you to expect to provide such Personal Data in order to allow us to supply you with your purchased Goods and Services.
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about ‘racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership’.)
We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors, if you are under 18, please do not provide us with any personal information.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data. however we may be unable to supply you with Goods or Services if you do not.
Occasionally we may conduct market research by asking you questions via email or Social Media. This data could be used to improve your experience of shopping with us. You’re under no obligation to answer these questions, but they will help us communicate with you.
How do we use your Personal Data?
I strongly believe in minimising the Personal Data I collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that which we have been given permission for and as necessary to deliver the Goods or Services you purchase. This includes:
- Processing your orders correctly.
- Technical management of our website.
- Reviewing and improving our processes.
- Providing you with information about offers or services we believe will be of interest to you.
- Administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer services and making available our services to our customers and prospective customers.
Sharing with trusted third parties.
I may share your Personal Data with third parties as necessary in order for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing of payments via PayPal
- Communicating with you, such as by email
- Serving advertisements
I only share your Personal Data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on MY behalf. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for.
Website Analytics: My website uses Google Analytics, one of the most popular and trusted analytics solutions, to help to understand how people use the website. It does this by tracking such information as how long people spend on the website, the pages they visit, the website that referred them to our website and other aggregate data. I do this so that I can make improvements to the website and provide a better user experience and more engaging content.
How do we communicate with you?
I may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding Goods or Services that you have purchased from MotherGrimm, as is necessary to deliver service related communications. By placing an order with me, you agree for me to contact you as necessary in order to supply you with the Goods and Services purchased.
How do we secure, store and retain your data?
Protecting the security of all personally identifiable information of our visitors and customers is important. I take all reasonable precautions to store and protect the Personal Data that is collected, both during transmission and once received and stored on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security of our users’ personal information and maintain their privacy, I cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such personal information.
I will retain your Personal Data for only as long as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate business purposes. These might include retention periods mandated by contract, needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records, or to provide you with relevant promotional offers that I believe will be of benefit.
Links to Other Sites
You should be aware that when you are on my website, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from my website pages that take you outside our service. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. The privacy policies of these other sites may significantly differ from that of MotherGrimm Designs. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
What are Your Rights under the GDPR?
Under the GDPR you have certain rights regarding your Personal Data. The rights that apply to the Personal Data I collect are as follows:
- The right of access – this means you have the right to know what Personal Data I hold about you. I will provide this information to you free of charge on request.
- The right of rectification – if the Personal Data I hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct it or complete it.
- The right to erasure – sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ this means if you request me to do so, I will delete the Personal Data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – this means that you can request for me to cease processing your data rather than deleting it.
- The right to data portability – this means if you request Personal Data from me,I will provide it in a commonly used, machine readable form.
- The right to object – this means you can object to me processing your Personal Data if you do not believe it is in your interest.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.
By Mail: Attn: Data Protection Office, Broncastell, Ponterwyd, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3LA